BAL has a team of experienced Quantity Surveyors providing comprehensive range of construction cost management services.
The key area of our services include:
Feasibility studies and cost consultancy
- Preparing preliminary feasibility studies to determine financial viability.
- Preparing preliminary estimates to give indication of budget and preparation of cost plans using the approximate quantities method and updating where necessary.
- Advising clients on cost implication during the development of design at the schematic design phase.
- Continuing cost monitoring and control during the design development phase including preparing comparative cost studies of various building materials and construction details etc.
Insurance Valuation and Specialist Services
- Preparing insurance valuations for rebuilding purpose.
- Valuations of work-in-progress for the sale or liquidation of contracting companies.
- Specialist service for rehabilitation projects.
Tender Documentation and Tender Appraisal
- Advising on appropriate Form of Contract to be used for the project.
- Advising on contract particulars to be incorporated in the tender documents.
- Advising on tender procedure, and contract arrangement and contract phasing.
- Preparing pre-qualification of contractors and if necessary, collate necessary information for selection of tenderers, recommend shortlist of tenderers and obtain Client’s agreement and issue invitation to tender.
- Preparing documents for tender or negotiation purpose.
- Checking tender submission and preparing tender evaluation report for the Client’s consideration.
- Assisting the Client in tender negotiation.
- Preparing Contract Documentation after the award of the tender.
Cost Control During Construction
- Advising on solution to contractual problems that may arise during the progress of the works.
- Advising on financial and contractual implications of variation or claim presented by contractors.
- Preparing valuations for interim certificates for building work and related sub contract works.
- Maintaining running financial statements of anticipated costs to facilitate control of cost and propose measures of budgetary controls.